Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Simply Delicious













Oh, how fortunate was I to be able to make this quilt. It had been offered as  BOM by the Country Quilt Shop in Montgomeryville, PA. I did not subscribe to it at that time as I was not aware of it's availability, although I had seen it finished at a later date and loved it.. Some years later my sister called to tell me that all but one pattern was available at a garage sale. The original fabrics were still in eight of the eleven available patterns. She asked if I wanted it. Well, you bet I did. It was even at the bargain price of $8. Another of my sisters friends donated most of the blue and white checkerboard fabrics. One of my friends graciously let me borrow the missing pattern. I used scraps left over from other BOM's and fabric in my stash to finish the quilt.

Now, this is what I call a very beautiful inexpensive quilt!

The hand appliqued quilt is 100% cotton, hand appliqued, machine pieced and machine quilted.
I finished this 51 1/4" x  67" quilt in Spring 2007.

This is another Piece O' Cake Design.

1 comment: