Sunday, July 22, 2012

Post Cards

I made a few post cards recently. They are really fun to do. The first one I made went to Canada. The postal workers were so impressed when I took it in to be weighed and stamped that they took the time to show everyone in line. The person helping me made sure to put a pretty stamp on it and insisted on wrapping it in protective wrapping. I was told it arrived in perfect condition. The next two postcards were sent "as is" and arrived just fine. I look at my tiny scraps differently these days. I even asked a friend for her scraps from a recent project. I have included a picture of those scraps adhered to iron-on adhesive. You may even be surprised when one arrives in your mailbox.

Legal Size 4 1/4 x 6 1/2 Appliqued vase of flowers on mottled background- machine quilted

Happy Birthday- use of printed background fabric with appliques and machine quilting.
Happy Birthday- my first Post Card -all fused and machine quilted
Scraps adhered to iron-on adhesive

1 comment:

  1. As a proud recipiant of one of those post cards I admire it daily the care and love in it is beyond anything I've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete